“The secretary will now read the minutes of our previous meeting.”
Being a secretary is hard work. But there are some things you can teach your 4-H club secretary to make his or her life a little easier:
- Prep work helps! Having a simple template to fill in before you start can make life a lot easier. Check out this template from Wisconsin 4-H:
- Ask yourself while you are taking notes- is this really something that will matter a year from now? Some things do, some things don’t. Who approved a specific motion matters, how much everyone liked the nacho dip doesn’t.
- Motions should be recorded exactly as they are stated.
- Include action steps and deadlines. People will go back to minutes as a reminder of what they are expected to accomplish.
- Try to complete your minutes within 24 hours of the meeting, while you can still remember much of…
View original post 77 more words